Josiah racing on the pro track

Josiah racing on the pro track
RED BUD USA Pro National

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Off to ActionTown Dillwyn Virginia




When we got back from Walnut, the motorhome had been delivered. We had a quick look late at night but were off to bed.
Monday was a fun day...not! It poured with rain all day and into the night. I had trouble starting the RV. Then once Kenny jnr had helped me sort that, we couldn't get the generator going. With much frustration I had to wait for Kenny senior to get home. A problem simply fixed. Because the generator and the RV both run from the petrol there is a cut off for the generator when the tank is at 1/4 full.
So with that all sorted we went for a test drive in the rain, thunder and lightening with a wicked wind. It was a little scary at first but I managed to get back safely.
Today was another busy day getting all we needed to start our trip. We got the trailer all sorted to tow. It looked very empty with only one bike (as the modified bike engine didn't arrive in time) I said to Kenny it seemed silly to take such a big trailer with next to nothing in it. I said it would be good to just put the bike on the back of the RV. Kenny said well actually, he had something that might do it.
That set into motion, action to try and get the bike on the RV so I didn't have to tow the trailer. About 4 hours later we were loaded, with bike on the back.
Now it is 11pm so as my trip will be about 18-20hrs, I must get to bed.
I will post again after Action town.
See yall Janine

4 comments:

  1. Hey Josiah and Janine
    Great to hear things have started well. Keep up the great work! We have had problems getting on at school because your site keeps getting blocked. We are sorting it this week so that our class can keep up with what you are doing. We will follow you on a map of the states. Ride hard and we will keep in touch.
    Mr M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Janine

    Cool post. Good luck with the 18 hours driving. Caught up with Chris at church, he seems to be managing to feed the kids and himself ok. :)

    You are doing an amazing job. Praying for you both

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay guys, well it looks like its all go and i have to say Janine you look the part in your RV,
    I keep thinking of the movie and wonder how long it wil be before you are singing to fellow RV Drivers?????? Im sure you will have a great trip to Action Town, Josiah go Hard and stay safe, look forward to the next post.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. aargh I am so excited!!!!!! sorry I have trouble signing in! I think I'l send ya a private mail.
    Big hugs to you both!!!!
    (from Rebeka on Baileys login, only way I could leave a post :-))

    ReplyDelete