Josiah racing on the pro track

Josiah racing on the pro track
RED BUD USA Pro National

Monday, May 17, 2010

Actiontown (Dilllwyn, Virginia) was all action!









Hello everybody. Well what a week! Just about to pack the bags and come home. But daily I remind myself the Lord is my strength and comfort.
We headed off to Virginia early Wednesday morning. The trip was long on the first day, 630miles. It was good apart from the thunder storm I had to drive through. The lightning was scary and I couldn't see well but my co pilot encouraged me on. We then spent the night in a MacDonalds car park. Up early again and arrived at Actiontown at 2ish with another 316 miles behind us.
It was nice to see the promotors again from 2 years ago.
Practice went ok for the first 3, then Josiah had an off and hurt his hand a little.
Next morning at briefing, Josiah and our neighbour's son Andrew were sitting on the top seat of the stand when another boy came up the steps and jumped on the seat the other two were sitting on. The board snapped and the 3 boys feel to the ground. Josiah whacked his head on the next step on the way down. I saw the whole thing. It was like slow motion playing out in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it. That continued a bad start to the day, as that morning the RV keys had gone missing and I had looked everywhere for them. Josiah had a rest until his first race which was an hour away. I continued to look for the keys and found them in the rubbish bin!!
In the 1st race of the stock class Josiah got a good start 2nd round the corner. He had almost done a lap and was going through the whoop section and he hit a hole and landed sideways. (I have this on video so if anyoe knows how to post to Youtube, let me know). It was a big off and the 3rd time in 2 days to the ambo. He had a DNF and was done for the day as his hand was hurt. Very bruised and not sure how bad.
I had to decide if we stayed or went on to South Carolina. I didn't know what to do so woke Chris in the middle of the night to see what he thought. We decided to stay and see what Josiah was like in the morning. He got up still sore but the ice all day and anti-inflam had really helped. He decided to try practice. That went ok so he decided to race. Josiah got both hole shots and 2 seconds. After the 2 moto's his hand was really sore but he was happy he had qualified for the Mod class, just dissappointed that he hadn't in the stock class.
We packed up and headed to South Carolina, Conway to our friends Kyle and Michelle's. It took us 7 hour and again took us through another thunder storm. This time I thought the lightning was going to hit us. This storm was over quicker than the last so that was good.
We had a few wee problems with the RV, like no hot water and some more over night like on air-con but I got them sorted today so I hope we will be good to go on Wednesday.
Today my friend Jessica hooked up with me and tonight we will stay here and have some R & R.
The photos include our neighbours at the track Andrew and dad David, who let us use their water blaster and got the hot water going. So thanks again guys. And Josiahs fan club after he smacked his head in from of everyone at briefing.
Will sign off Miss you all heaps,

Janine

1 comment:

  1. Mate..You hard case. Just like at school...always in the wars. Looks like you are having fun though and getting some positive results despite the mishaps and mums RV adventures. Keep it up. Its great reading how you are getting on. We look forward to the next instalment

    ReplyDelete