Josiah racing on the pro track

Josiah racing on the pro track
RED BUD USA Pro National

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sarah's 2nd Blog

Hello All!!! It's Sarah again :-)

I haven't been doing the same stuff as the rest of the family these last 2 weeks so I have decided to update you all on what I have been doing!!!

When the rest of the family went to Red Bud I stayed with the Hempens. On the day they left me, Jennifer, Josiah and Luke Hempen went and handed out flyers for Vacation Bible School. Heaps of the houses were really run down and it was quite sad. There was one house and the lady asked Jennifer to help her open a jar of pickles!!! It was really funny!!! That night all us girls went to church.

On Saturday afternoon Jennifer, Kenny Sr. and me went to pick up the fireworks and on the way I got to drive!!!!!!!!! It was so awesome!!!! That evening the Hempens had a party for the 4th of July (American Independence day). Some people came over and we all swam then we had a big dinner and dessert (apple pie which me and Courtney had made) . After dessert some of us went for another swim and then we had fireworks!!!! They were so cool!!!

The next morning the rest of my family got back and everyone went to church. We went to church at night as well and after the service we had homemade icecream and watched the fireworks because it was the actual 4th of July.

On Monday we were supposed to leave for Mike and Pam's but I stayed with the Hempens again so I could go to Texas with them to The Baby Conference. That day we went to Vacation Bible School and it was fun. At 8pm that night we left for Texas. It was a 16 hour drive so we stopped in the night to sleep then we took off again early the next morning. We took a bit of a detour and stopped at Three Palms Motocross track. The next day while the boys rode the girls went shopping. I got a bunch of new stuff! It was sooo fun!!!!! That evening we drove the last three hours to San Antonio and we got to our RV park at night time.

The next day we looked around San Antonio and we went to The Alamo and The River Walk, it was really cool!!! In the afternoon we signed in and the lady was trying to write me a name tag but couldn't understand my accent to be able to spell my name!! We went back to the RV park for a swim and then we went to the Convention center for the conference. It was really good!!! There was a family there called the Douggers and they had 19 kids!!!

The next morning Kenny Sr had to fix the trailer stacker so the rest of us had to catch a shuttle to the convention center. Tracy, Courtney and Jennifer went to morning tea with Mrs Dougger and I stayed with the boys at an interview with Mr Dougger while we waited for Kenny Sr. There was a man behind us and every time Mr Dougger said something (not even funny) he would just crack up laughing!!! When Kenny came back he took me and the boys for lunch at a Mexican restaurant along the river walk. It was really yum but the plates were gigantor!!!! I didn't even eat it all but I still didn't need dinner!!! The chicken song was playing and Kenny Sr. didn't know what the chicken dance was so I stood up and did it for him. The other boys were all so embarrassed!!!! We met back up with the rest of the girls and went back to the conference for the rest of the day.

The next moring we got up early to go to the first 2 sessions starting at 8.30am. The first session was really sad but the next one was really funny. In between we got some books and me and Josiah were running up the down escalator and running down the up escalator but then we got growled off by a lady so we stopped. It was quite the workout!!! After the 2 sessions we went to lunch at a gigantor buffet it was sooo huge!!!! The food was really yum as well!!! After lunch we went back to the RV park and packed up and then we headed back to Iowa. On the way I had to get dropped off to Steve and Beth Crowe. I was so sad to say goodbye to the Hempens and I can't wait to see them again!!!! The next day me, Steve and Beth met up with the rest of my family at Applebees's (Mt Pleasant, TX) for lunch. Then we said goodbye to Steve and Beth and now we are all at Mike and Pam's in Arkansas. I have to do school now. It isn't very fun.

So yeah, that's what I have been up to!!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi all
    Sarah your blog cracks me up, firstly you drove!!?? What were they thinking? and you went to a Baby conference.... thats concerning?? and a 16 hour drive wow thats insane, I cannot imagine that Gross = vomit city, someone has 19 kids crikey I think I too many!!!
    Sounds like you are having an awesome time, (better than school!!!)
    How are the rest of the family, HI all! almost time for you to leave and head home to lil ol NZ
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete